New Year Resolutions

I'm not usually one for this "New year, new me" idea, but there are some things I've decided need to majorly change, and I'm actually setting resolutions to address them.

1. Work on my marriage. It's tough, he's at uni and until recently worked full time nights, so we basically never saw each other. Things came to a head after Christmas and we both realised that we need to start making time for each other again, and actually doing fun things together as a family.

2. Reach my target weight. I have been a member of Slimming World on and off since summer 2017, and rejoined in November for the final time. I lost 6lb in December then put back 4.5lb on over Christmas, so I have just under 4 stone to lose.

3. Do more things for myself. Being a parent I don't get much time for this, and it's something that needs to change, even for an hour or 2 a day. I have already started this one, I joined a Zumba class this morning and I had so much fun.

4. Read 100 books. I read 64 last year, reading at least something a day, even if just a sentence or a chapter. This year I will have a lot more time, M is getting really into independent play now and starts nursery in April so I will have so much more time to read. I'm also going to try and read instead of watching TV every evening.

5. Buy nicer clothes. I've spent most of my life wearing everything Primark, and since M was born I've been very aware that I've been dressed like the teenagers around me. So this year I'm going to start shopping at places with better quality clothes, and will actually start dressing like a grown up.

So that's it. These all seem pretty doable, and hopefully I will keep them up. Are you one for making resolutions, and if so do you keep them?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hello and welcome

Long Time, No See